- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
I’m going for the second level of achievement (5-10 audiobooks). Partly because I love the alliteration in the name – Weekend Warrior, but also because that’s exactly what I’m doing- just getting the hang of it and trying to work out what this whole new world of audiobooks is about.
- Do you like this format? If yes, do you prefer listening to reading print copies or e-books?
- How many books do you listen to in a year? What are your favourite genres?